The Audio Production program will provide students with a solid foundation for further study and employment in the growing field of Audio Production. Students will learn the foundation of multi-track session recording as well as Mastering/Restoration techniques.
The program intends to create graduates with the requisite training and skills to begin working with industry standard equipment and software to compose and record their own compositions and compete for entry-level positions in the field. Emphasis will be placed on how DAW & MIDI (Cubase & Adobe Audition) systems operate, giving the students a broad understanding of their uses.
The specific objectives of this program are that the graduate must be able to:
- recount the history of audio recording technology;
- conduct research, understand the importance of qualifying source material, using time honored structures such as peer review and disciplinary standards;
- demonstrate an understanding of the recording industry as a business;
- demonstrate a level of comfort and proficiency with standard productivity software such as Adobe Audition, Cubase SX and Pro Tools, as well as an understanding of the ways in which these tools are applied in the audio production field;
- understand and apply all phases of audio production in the contemporary music studio environment;
- identify the fundamental process and sequence involved in the production of audio composition;
- identify the different roles and responsibilities of the recording studio staff members;
- identify the historical development of musical performance;
- understand the essentials of audio engineering, the fundamentals of digital imaging and video editing for New Media applications.