The Office Professional certificate program upgrades a student’s skills necessary to survive in the ever-changing office. The program provides a strong background in technology courses using up-to-date software. Prior to entering the program, students must have successfully completed English Composition and Keyboarding. Challenge exams are available for keyboarding. A CLEP exam may be taken for English.
The specific objectives of this program are that the graduate must be able to demonstrate:
- critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- professional communication skills;
- the ability to communicate effectively using E-mail and the Internet;
- the ability to use beginning/ advanced features of MS Word;
- the ability to use beginning/ advanced features of MS Excel;
- the ability to use beginning/advanced features of MS PowerPoint;
- the ability to use additional application packages.
This certificate is designed for people who need to update their computer application skills. Upon completion of this certificate the student may apply these credits toward the Business Management A.A.S. degree or the Administrative Support/Information Processing A.A.S. degree.
AFTER UNION County College
Graduates can enter the workforce or the Business Management or Administrative Support degree programs.
RECOMMENDED SEQUENCE based on satisfaction of all Basic Skills requirements and prerequisites
Elective Technical **
**Choose from the following technical electives:
Search for courses in the online course catalog.