This is a comprehensive two-year Associate in Applied Science degree program which prepares the graduate to develop a high degree of administrative support competence with personal qualities to satisfy the most exacting business standards. The program covers both the basic administrative management skills as well as advanced training for the achievement of professional status.
Challenge exams for keyboarding are given to those students who qualify. See program coordinator.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
Search for courses in the online course catalog.
- Develop and apply critical thinking ability and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively in writing, verbal and electronic formats.
- Effectively manage time including setting priorities and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Achieve an acceptable level of speed/accuracy in keyboarding and the ability to correctly apply standard document formats.
- Develop proofreading and technical editing skills including the ability to use correct grammar and punctuation.
- Develop proficiency in the use of current computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and professional presentation software.
- Apply the management skills necessary to run an office efficiently.
- Discuss the ethical and societal ramifications of technology in the workplace.