The Associate in Arts Degree in Business prepares students for a career in business or for advanced study at a four-year institution. The College has many articulation agreements with four-year colleges designed to facilitate transfer to these institutions. For further information, please see the Transfer Counselor. The degree requirements consist of general education requirements and electives in preparation for a major area of study.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
Search for courses in the online course catalog.
- Communicate effectively in written, verbal, and electronic formats
- Describe the practice and principles of a mixed economy based market business
- Describe the application of macroeconomic and microeconomic theories and concepts as it relates to a mixed economy based market
- Develop and maintain an accounting system and analyze statistical data
- Utilize technology as it applies to business practices and research
- Enumerate the principles governing ethical behavior in business