Computer Information systems (CIS) technology changes are occurring across the US and the world. With these advances have also come changes in the ways that information can be accessed and shared. These have precipitated the need for well-educated IS professionals. This curriculum has been designed to meet the needs of current IS professionals as well as to prepare future IS professionals.
Information Systems positions are becoming more diversified. Students who complete the curriculum will have a strong foundation in interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and ethics.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
Search for courses in the online course catalog.
- Communicate effectively in writing, verbal and electronic formats to diverse multi-cultural audiences within a business environment
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills in the classroom environment
- Apply problem solving skills to trouble-shoot and correct problems in a business environment
- Design and create efficient databases
- State the ethical responsibilities necessary for IT businesses and organizations
- Describe and use the basic tools for computer and network security.