Option offered through Liberal Arts
This program is for those students who wish to transfer to a four-year institution and major in Psychology.
The specific objectives of this program are that the graduate must be able to:
Search for courses in the online course catalog.
- demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and, when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- understand, develop insights, and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- weigh evidence, tolerate ambiguity, act ethically, and reflect other values that are the underpinnings of psychology as a discipline.
- demonstrate information competence, ability to use computers and other technology, and an ability to communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- recognize, understand, and respect the complexity of sociocultural and international diversity.