Home /  Becoming a Student / 

Advising, Career, and Transfer Services


Welcome to Advising, Career and Transfer (ACT)!

Student Development Specialists, Student Service Specialists, and Student Service Generalists are available on all Union County College campuses.

Normal Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:30-7:30PM
Friday 8:30-4:30PM

Summer Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 7:30PM
Closed Fridays
Office hours are subject to change due to holidays and school year.

To contact Advising, Career, and Transfer please call:
Cranford: 908-709-7525 Nomahegan Building, N-3
Elizabeth: 908-965-6065 Kellogg Building, 5th Floor
Plainfield: 908-412-3588 Building 1, Room 107

Student Development Specialists, Student Service Specialists, and Student Service Generalists are available to assist students with planning their next academic semester. 

Visit our Degrees, Certificates and Classes site and become familiar with your major and course requirements.

Getting Started at Union County College:

  • Apply for Admissions and Financial Aid, select a program of study.
  • Take the computerized placement test if required (Exemptions SAT scores of at least 540 verbal and/or 530 math)
  • Register for mandatory orientation. Orientation is required for all first-time, full-time students entering the college during Fall or Spring. Click here to register for an orientation session: www.ucc.edu/go/orientation.
  • Seek advisement from a Student Development Specialist, Student Service Specialist, Student Service Generalist, or faculty member should you have any questions or concerns.
  • Assistance with understanding course requirements, prerequisites, and sequences is available
  • Register for classes

Advising, Career, and Transfer Assists Students with:

  • Academic Advisement
  • Career Advisement
  • Transfer Advisement
  • Specialized advisement for Student Athletes and NJ STARS students
Thinking about Transferring?
Prior to meeting with the transfer advisor review the transfer institutions course requirements and application deadline dates.
Need more help with finding out what might transfer?
Please visit www.njtransfer.org
Visit Advising, Career, and Transfer Services on any campus and speak with a Transfer advisor to work on your plan for graduation and moving from Union to a Bachelor’s degree granting institution.

Need Career Advisement?
Before you see the career advisor think about what courses you took in high school or at Union that you enjoyed. Those courses might be a good match to your interests and skills.
See the career advisor to:

  • gain insight
  • make reliable career decisions
  • learn more about opportunities and occupations that fit your individual interests

Parental Roles in College:
Parents are accustomed to playing an active role in their student’s education. In a college setting the roles change tremendously because the student has entered a post secondary education. A college student is considered an adult in the eyes of the law. Parents are welcome to accompany the student when meeting with the Advisor if they are invited by the student. Please note, by law (FERPA- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) we need the approval from the student to release any information to the parents.

Questions? Please contact us at advising@ucc.edu

Visit the Parents website.

Copyright © 1997-2015 Union County College
1033 Springfield Avenue
Cranford, NJ 07016 (908) 709-7000 webmaster@ucc.edu
Accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education