Union County College's network passwords expire every 180 days, the expiration policy in conjunction with the complex password rules are intended to support the secure and productive use of information technology resources.
Password expiration notifications appear 14 days from expiration date when a user logs on to a computer on campus; email notifications are also sent to users 14 days from expiration.
Your network password is used to access computers on campus, Owl's Nest, Web Services, and faculty/staff email. Changes made to your network password will also update the password used to access student mail.
If you are changing your password prior to its expiration go to owlsnest.ucc.edu
and follow the steps below:
- Select the "Change Your Password" tab located in the upper right corner of Owl's Nest
- Enter your current password
- Enter your new password
- Enter your new password again
Your password must be between 8 and 16 characters in length.
You cannont reuse any of your previous 5 passwords.
You cannot use any portion of your name (first, middle, or last).
Your password must also contain:
- At least one lowercase letter (a-z)
- At least one uppercase letter(A-Z)
- At least one numeral (0-9)
Special characters (such as !, #, and $) are allowed
You cannot use spaces, tabs, carriage returns or the following characters:
Select the "What's My Password" link in the lower right corner of Web Services
Select the "Reset my password" link
Enter your last name and Colleague ID or SSN
Select the email address you would like your temporary email sent to
- If you do not have an email to select, UCC does not have your personal email address on file,
- Students can add a personal email at the Office of Admissions, Records, and Registration
- Faculty/Staff can add a personal email at Human Resources
Open your email account that the temporary password was sent to and retrieve your password
Go to webservices.ucc.edu and log in with your username and temporary password
You will be required to change your temporary password