Option offered through Engineering Program
This program is designed to prepare students who plan for a career in architecture to transfer to a five- year baccalaureate program.
Upon successful competition of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Employ critical thinking skills in science, mathematics, and fundamentals of architecture.
- Demonstrate computer literacy in 3D programming and use of word processing, and other software applications.
- Use technology and library resources to conduct research related to architecture, mathematics, engineering, sustainability, the humanities and social science.
- Organize and present information to different audiences using various multimedia presentation techniques and platforms.
- Compare materials and methods of building construction, analyze basic structural principles, collect and measure relevant data, and evaluate information as a member of a team.
- Analyze a specific type of architectural building and compare and contrast different architectural design solutions.
- Arrange and manage a collaborative design Charrette for/with local communities.
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue lifelong learning by working independently in class and on research projects to prepare a portfolio.