The Associate in Arts Degree in Business prepares students for a career in business or for advanced study at a four-year institution. The College has many articulation agreements with four-year colleges designed to facilitate transfer to these institutions. For further information, please see an advisor for transfer services. The degree requirements consist of general education requirements and electives in preparation for a major area of study.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in written, verbal, and electronic formats
- Describe the practice and principles of a mixed economy based market business
- Describe the application of macroeconomic and microeconomic theories and concepts as it relates to a mixed economy based market
- Develop and maintain an accounting system and analyze statistical data
- Utilize technology as it applies to business practices and research
- Enumerate the principles governing ethical behavior in business