SUGGESTED GRADES PRE-K-3 Option offered through Liberal Arts
For students who wish to prepare themselves for an Associate degree or wish to transfer and earn a baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of psychological concepts to the learning behavior of children from Pre-K to Grade 3
- Analyze the characteristics of effective teaching behaviors and “best practices” in the teaching profession
- Describe the organization and funding of school systems
- Describe the roles of teachers, students, parents, administrators, and teacher associations in the U.S.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Demonstrate the skills and motivation for continued self-education