For students who wish to prepare themselves for an Associate degree or wish to transfer and earn a baccalaureate degree in Education.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of psychological concepts to the learning behavior of children and adolescents;
- Analyze characteristics of effective teaching behaviors and “best practices” in the teaching profession;
- Analyze the organization and funding of school systems;
- Describe the roles of teachers, students, parents, administrators, and teacher associations in the U.S.;
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing;
- Demonstrate the skills and motivation for continued self-education.