Fire Science Technology is a two-year Associate degree program.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Read and interpret building blueprints and codes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fire prevention including fire detection and its causes, fire prevention systems and building codes.
- Apply problem-solving skills to specific fire ground situations.
- Analyze fire fighting strategies, techniques and procedures involved with incident command.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the organization and management of fire departments
- Analyze the ethical implications of fire department state policies and individual practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology related to fire science.
- Communicate effectively in writing, verbal and electronic formats