The Hotel, Tourism and Restaurant Management program provides Union County College students with a strong business and customer service foundation required for careers in this dynamic and expanding, hotel, restaurant, and tourism industries.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Develop critical thinking, decision making, problem solving skills, and strategic planning.
- Practice interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to function effectively in a diverse society.
- Apply knowledge of basic computer concepts to their use in the hospitality industry.
- Discuss the hospitality management code of ethics.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform necessary elements of management within the hotel, restaurant, and tourism industries.
- Appropriately use current equipment associated with hospitality management including planning its arrangement, operation, and maintenance.
- Discuss sales, marketing, and hotel front office management in the hospitality industry, along with food and beverage operations.
- Communicate effectively in writing, verbal and electronic formats.
- Be skilled in teamwork, quality improvements, and the ability to make educated decisions in this ever changing, complex, international industry.
Consultation with the Coordinator of the Hospitality Management program is advised.