Option offered through Communications
This program is designed for transfer to a bachelor’s degree-granting institution. Course work includes theory and practice of radio broadcasting. Internships in professional organizations are available. Students are required to consult with an advisor regarding appropriate option and course selection for their needs and interests.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate orally and in writing in college level discourse
- Discuss and analyze current social and political issues and events
- Demonstrate proficiency with productivity software such as word processing, presentation manager, web browser and apply them in the field of communications
- Explain the importance of committing to a process of life-long learning
- Demonstrate an understanding of the recording industry as a business
- Operate the tools and technology encountered in a professional recording studio or radio station
- Work as a member of a team to prepare a program for a recording or radio station.
Other Communications Degrees Include:
- Audio Production
- Game Design Creation
- Public Relations