Option offered through Communications
This program is designed for transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution. Course work includes the theory and practice of television production and video editing. Internships in professional organizations are available. Students are required to consult with an advisor regarding appropriate option and course selection for their needs and interests.
Other Communications Degrees Include:
- Audio Production
- Game Design Creation
- Public Relations
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate orally and in writing in college level discourse
- Discuss and analyze current social and political issues and events
- Demonstrate proficiency with productivity software such as word processing, presentation manager, web browser and apply them in the field of communications
- Explain the importance of committing to a process of life-long learning
- Recognize and evaluate prevalent cultural narratives and texts and the various media used to convey them
- Operate the tools and technology encountered in a professional television studio or video production facility
- Work as a member of a team to produce a program as you would encounter in a professional television or video production studio.