Option offered through Liberal Arts
The Visual Arts option will approach sculpture, architecture, painting, and drawing from a dual perspective. Students will explore the history and appreciation of art in the classroom and develop introductory and advanced skills in a variety of media in the drawing and painting studio.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply formal creative issues including composition, balance, space, line, and form.
- Apply skills associated with two-dimensional imaging.
- Demonstrate use of diverse materials, various media, and techniques in foundation level drawing and painting studio activities.
- Analyze the visual arts through art history.
- Create a portfolio that demonstrated competency in the visual arts undertaken.