The Mission of the College Relations Department is to provide marketing and public-relations services to support enrollment and to advance a positive institutional image of Union County College.
Secretary of the Boards & Director of College Relations
Manager of Publications and Communications
Creative Services Manager
Manager of Printing Services
The role of the Department of College Relations is to:
- Enhance the positive image of Union County College with its diverse audiences;
- Support and reinforce the College’s recruitment efforts, ensuring that these messages are communicated as effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Inform the communities served by the College of the wide variety of programs, both academic and cultural, as well as other services offered at Union.
This is accomplished through media relations, creating and placing paid advertisements, and producing publications for students, prospective students, and the people who influence the decisions of students of all ages (parents, spouses, employers, guidance counselors, etc.).
College Relations works closely with College offices, departments, and divisions to:
- Develop plans for the promotion of Union news, events, or programs;
- Generate ideas for reaching the target audience,
- Gather pertinent and accurate information, and
- Pursue an avenue to communicate the message (through ads, publications, events, or media releases)
College Relations’ goal is to build partnerships of shared responsibilities and rewards with the members of the College community in order to facilitate timely, positive, and effective College communications.
The Department of College Relations serves all Union campuses. The office is located on the Cranford campus, second floor of MacDonald Hall, in room A-214, and can be reached at ext. 7501, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For College Policy on communications, media relations, marketing, branding, production, and client service, click on the College Communications Standards HERE.