Featured Image
Featured Image


Union County College

Meet The Advising Team

Welcome to Advising, Career and Transfer (ACT)!

Student Service Specialists and Student Service Generalists are available on all Union County College campuses.

Normal Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8:30-7:30PM
Friday 8:30-4:30PM

Summer Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 7:30PM
Closed Fridays
Office hours are subject to change due to holidays and school year.

To contact Advising, Career, and Transfer please call:
Cranford: 908-709-7500 Student Development Building, Student Development Center
Elizabeth: 908-965-6065 Kellogg Building, 5th Floor
Plainfield: 908-412-3588 Building 1, Room 107

Student Services Specialists and Student Service Generalists are available to assist students with planning their next academic semester.

Visit our Degrees, Certificates and Classes site and become familiar with  your major and course requirements.

Getting Started at Union County College:

  • Apply for Admissions and Financial Aid, select a program of study.
  • Take the computerized placement test if required
    • Exemptions:
      • SAT scores of at least 540 verbal and/or 530 math
      • High school transcript if student has graduated within the past 5 years, has cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and has successfully completed 4 years of high school English and 3 years of high school math.


  • Register for mandatory orientation. Orientation is required for all first-time, full-time students entering the college during Fall or Spring. Click here to register for an orientation session.
  • Seek advisement from a Student Service Specialist, Student Service Generalist, or faculty member should you have any questions or concerns.
  • Assistance with understanding course requirements, prerequisites, and sequences is available
  • Register for classes

Advising, Career, and Transfer Assists Students with:

  • Academic Advisement
  • Career Advisement
  • Transfer Advisement
  • Specialized advisement (NJSTARS and IBEW)
  • Social Work Services

Thinking about Transferring?
Prior to meeting with a transfer advisor review the transfer institutions course requirements and application deadline dates.
Need more help with finding out what might transfer?
Please visit www.njtransfer.org
Visit Advising, Career, and Transfer Services on any campus and speak with a Transfer advisor to work on your plan for graduation and moving from Union to a Bachelor’s degree granting institution.

Need Career Advisement?
Before you see your advisor think about what courses you took in high school or at Union that you enjoyed. Those courses might be a good match to your interests and skills.
See the career advisor to:

  • gain insight
  • make reliable career decisions
  • learn more about opportunities and occupations that fit your individual interests

Parental Roles in College:
Parents are accustomed to playing an active role in their student’s education. In a college setting the roles change tremendously because the student has entered a post secondary education. A college student is considered an adult in the eyes of the law. Parents are welcome to accompany the student when meeting with the Advisor if they are invited by the student. Please note, by law (FERPA- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) we need the approval from the student to release any information to the parents.

Questions? Please contact us at advising@ucc.edu

Visit the Parents website.

Follow us on Facebook!

Student Planning