OWL Orientation at Union County College is required for students who have never attended college before and are planning on registering for 12+ credits during the Fall or Spring semester. Sessions are offered on all three campuses: Cranford, Elizabeth, and Plainfield. Part time students are encouraged, but not required, to attend OWL Orientation. At OWL Orientation students will learn how to use webservices, set up college email, navigate the Owls Nest, meet with an academic advisor, and register for courses. Attending these sessions will help you build a solid foundation for student success.
Pre – OWL Orientation Check-list:
- Sign up for Pre – Orientation event (below)
- Sign up for New Student Orientation event (schedule below)
- Go to your personal email to obtain your unique Union County College User Name and Student ID#
- Log into Webservices
- Log into your Owl Email
- Make sure your FAFSA is complete and you listed Union as a school! (School Code: 002643)
- Please have one of the following items completed:
- Submitted a High School transcript with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA and have graduated within the last 5 year
- Completed the college placement exam (Accuplacer)
- Submitted SAT scores (530 in Math and 540 in Reading) 4. Expected AP scores of >3 for English or Math
Pre – New Student Orientation:
Pre-Orientation for the Spring 2020 Semester has already taken place. Please sign up for an event below.
All new students are encouraged to attend our Pre-New Student Orientation event! Pre-New Student Orientation is not New Student Orientation.
At Pre-New Student Orientation, we will make sure your financial aid is posted, review your major and make sure you are ready to attend the New Student Orientation event!
Express Orientation is a condensed accelerated version of the Orientation we host at Union County College. Express Orientation will be held on both the Cranford and the Elizabeth Campus, adhering to the schedule
Fall 2020 New Student Orientation Schedule – Union County 2020 High School Graduates
|Thursday, May 14, 2020|
|Abraham Clark High School|
|Hillside High School|
|Linden High School|
|Rahway High School|
|Roselle Catholic High School|
|Roselle Park High School|
|Sinai Christian Academy|
|The Patrick School|
|Union High School|
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
Please only use these links if you are at an OWL Orientation