Featured Image
Featured Image


Union County College

Summer Financial Aid

Psychedelic SunFederal PELL grants and Federal Direct Loans are available during the summer 2020 term(s) to students who are eligible.  There is a maximum amount a student can receive during one funding year in a Federal PELL Grant and in a Federal Direct Loans.  We use the 2019-2020 FAFSA to determine your eligibility for the summer 2020 term(s).  You may have remaining eligibility from the 2019-2020 funding year and you may use this financial aid during the summer session.  Your financial aid is processed for the entire summer session and if you are enrolled in both terms your financial aid is applied to both terms.  If you have not completed your 2019-2020 FAFSA, you can still complete it at www.fafsa.gov to be considered for financial aid for the summer session.


PELL Grant
If you attended, but were not full-time, during the Fall 2019 semester and/or Spring 2020 semester and received a PELL grant, you may be eligible for a PELL grant during the Summer 2020 session.  If you did not attend during either semester or for only one semester, then we can award your PELL grant to the summer session.

If you attended a College other than Union County College during the 2019-2020 funding year, then it is important to let our office know of your attendance so we can verify your eligibility for additional grant assistance during the summer prior to the start of classes.

Federal Direct Loans You must be enrolled in at least (6) credits during the Summer session in any combination of Summer 1 and Summer 2 terms in order for your loan to be credited to your account.  This means when you enroll in Summer 1 for (3) credits and Summer 2 for (3) credits, your loan is credited after you start in your Summer 2 course.  If you borrowed during the 2019-2020 funding year and did not receive your annual loan limit, then you may have remaining eligibility for the Summer session.  Additional information on how to obtain a Federal Direct Loan can be found by clicking here.  Please complete and submit a Federal Direct Loan Request Form to our office found on insert financial aid forms by clicking here.