- May News
- April News
- 4/28/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 4/23/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 4/20/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 4/16/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 4/13/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 4/9/2020 – Summer Online Message from President McMenamin
- 4/6/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 4/3/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 4/1/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- March News
- 3/30/2020 - Update from President McMenamin
- 3/27/2020 - A note for students from the President
- 3/26/2020 - A note for students from the President
- 3/25/2020 - Daily Update from President McMenamin
- 3/24/2020 - Daily Update from President McMenamin
- 3/23/2020 - Daily Update from President McMenamin
- 3/22/2020 - Daily Update from President McMenamin
- 3/21/2020 - COVID-19 at Union County College Message from President McMenamin
- 3/20/2020 - Daily Update from President McMenamin
- 3/19/2020 - Daily Update from President McMenamin
- 3/18/2020 - Effective 3/18 at 6:00 pm, Union County College will close all buildings on all campuses until further notice
- 3/17/2020 - Updates to College Operating Hours; Student Tech Needs
- 3/16/2020 - Online Instruction Begins at Union County College
- 3/14/2020 - Canvas support and training for students will be provided continuously on a walk-in basis at all ALCs
- 3/13/2020 - Update
- 3/12/2020 - Union Coronavirus Hotline Number Open
- 3/11/2020 - Students Will Have Online Instruction March 16th - 22nd
Online Learning Resources
- COVID-19 Emergency Response Resource Directory
- COVID-19 Resources for Individuals who are Undocumented or Uninsured
- Community Health Law Project
- YWCA Services
- Financial, Employment, and Health FAQ's
- United Way of Greater Union County - Emergency Financial Assistance
- State of New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
- Union County Opens Drive-Through Testing Center at Kean University on March 23
- US Dept. of Labor - Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
Coronavirus Health Information
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
- Prevention Methods
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Our entire college community is encouraged to practice preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Further Health Resources & Guidance
This is a developing situation, and we encourage you to stay informed by visiting: