Featured Image
Featured Image

Admissions & Aid

Union County College

International Student


Welcome to Union County College. The seven steps outlined below are the recommended sequence of enrollment for students with a valid F1 Visa.

1. Submit Application

Welcome to Union County College’s admissions process. Click the continue to online application button to start your application.

Begin Application

Submissions deadlines: Fall Term is June 1 and Spring Term is November 1

2. Schedule Appointment

  • Contact our International Student Advisors, Paul Belmonte pbelmonte@ucc.edu  to schedule an appointment to review additional requirements for applying as an F-1 visa applicant
  • Other information and documents required:
    • $250 Registration fee – The Fee will be deducted from your tuition after registration
    • Affidavit of Support
    • Translated previous high school and college transcripts
    • Documentation of current visa status
    • Submission of previous I-20’s for current F-1 visa students transferring from another college
    • Copy of a valid passport
    • Copy of sponsor’s tax return and W2’s for the previous year
    • Copy of sponsor’s pay stubs for the last two years

3. Take your Placement Test

  • Placement Test
  • An SAT score of at least 540 in Critical Reading and 530 in Math are necessary to waive the Placement Test.

4. Register for Classes

  • Steps at registration
    • Meet with the International Student Advisor to select your course schedule
    • Log in and register
    • Review and print your class schedule from your College account
  • Steps after registration
    • Check your college email and the college website often for class cancellations
    • Schedule changes
      • You can add classes until the last day of registration
      • You will not be charged for classes dropped prior to the start of the semester
      • Classes dropped after the start of the semester are subject to the College’s refund policy

5. Pay for your Classes

  • All international students (FI) are charged the out of county rate
  • Payment plan. Students must visit the Office of Student Accounts to make the initial payment and to sign a promissory note to participate in the plan
  • Log in to your College account and check your balance
  • Purchase a parking permit

6. Buy your Textbooks and Supplies

7. Go to your First Class

  • Refer to your class schedule

8. Students in a foreign country

  • Students planning to obtain an FI Visa through Union County College may email the International Student Advisor, Paul Belmonte at pbelmonte@ucc.edu for information.