What is the Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program?
For over 50 years, the EOF program has provided students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds an opportunity to pursue a college degree. Created by statute in 1968, EOF has provided academic, financial, and social support to thousands of students. The Program is geared toward students who:
- Have the potential to do college-level work
- Were academically under-prepared in high school
- Have a history of financial disadvantage
For more general information about the State of New Jersey Department of Higher Education Educational Opportunity Fund program, please visit the official state website at: www.nj.gov/highereducation/EOF/EOF_Description.html.
Services and Benefits to Students
- Comprehensive summer orientation for first-year students
- Personal, Academic, and Career Advisement
- Academic support through tutoring and supplemental instruction
- Opportunity to join the Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society
- An additional financial aid grant of $100-$650 a semester
- Leadership Activities
How can I apply?
Applying for the Fall or Spring Semester
Pending overall program space availability, applications will be available at the beginning of the Fall Semester for EOF Transfer Students. Currently enrolled Union County College students and first-time college students who did not attend an EOF Summer Program Session. To complete an EOF 2021-22 Academic Year application, please click here.
Applying for the EOF Summer Program
Priority for acceptance into the EOF program is given to first-time, full-time college students who attend an EOF Summer Program session. Space in EOF and each session is limited, so interested students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information about the 2022 EOF Summer Program, please click here.
Educational Opportunity Fund Program
1033 Springfield Avenue
Cranford, NJ, 07016