Welcome to Advising, Career and Transfer Services (ACT)!
Our Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8:30-7:30PM
Where we are located:
Cranford Campus: Student Development Building, 1st Floor
Elizabeth Campus: Lessner Building, 1st floor
Plainfield Campus: Logos Building, 1st Floor
We assist students with the following:
- Academic Advisement
- Career Advisement
- Transfer Advisement
- Specialized advisement (NJSTARS and IBEW)
- Social Work Services
Not sure who your advisor is? Log into your webservices account, click on “Students”, then “Registration & Student Planning”, then “Go to Plan & Schedule” and lastly click on the “Advising” tab.
- If you do not have an assigned advisor, please visit one of our Student Services Centers (locations above) to have your questions answered!
Interested in learning more about your major and potential salary earnings? Click here to review, by major our different academic maps
Visit our Degrees, Certificates and Classes site and become familiar with your major and course requirements.
Need Career Advisement?
Deciding on a major and a career can be a daunting process, but you don’t have to do it alone! Our Career Services staff is here to assist you in all areas of your career exploration, career planning, and job or internship search. Career Services offerings include, but are not limited to:
- Connecting your interests and skills to a major and career, through NJCAN Assessments
- Resume and Cover letter writing and critiques
- Job Search assistance for part-time jobs, full-time jobs, and internships
- Career Planning and advisement
- Mock Interviews
- Networking, in-person and through social channels
- Career Fairs and Employer Recruiting Days
For additional information and contact information, visit the Career Services page
Parental Roles in College:
Parents are accustomed to playing an active role in their student’s education. In a college setting the roles change tremendously because the student has entered a post secondary education. A college student is considered an adult in the eyes of the law. Parents are welcome to accompany the student when meeting with the Advisor if they are invited by the student. Please note, by law (FERPA- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) we need the approval from the student to release any information to the parents.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com