Welcome to Union County College’s TechSupport Knowledge Base.
Student & Employee FAQ’s
Need Tech Support?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students, please include your Name and Student ID Number in the email.
- Call 908-709-7979 for emergencies at Cranford
(Within the college, any user can dial 4357 (HELP) and the call will be directed to all helpdesk lines on all campuses.)
Elizabeth Lessner Building: 908-965-2349
Elizabeth Kellogg Building: 908-965-2355
A simple email is the quickest and easiest way to request assistance for all IT related issues. Immediately after emailing email@example.com, you will receive email confirmation that the ticket has been logged with the appropriate IT group. As progress is made, you will receive additional email communications updating you as to the status of your request, or letting you know if additional information is needed in order to complete the request.
It is highly recommended that an individual request is made for each distinct type of service requested to ensure all needs are promptly and effectively addressed. For example, if a requestor is having issues with both their PC powering on and would also like to request access to a shared folder. To get both issues quickly remediated, this should be submitted as 2 separate requests as there are different groups working on each issue.
- View IT Support Request Procedure
Change Management Requests – A Change Management request is defined as something out of the ordinary scope of IT requests for a department or user. In a request for any of the following, a justified request must be sent from the department head (director or above) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Software Access – Colleague access, new application requests, application access.
2. Specialty email access ‐ Departmental mailbox; Distribution list;
3. Data Requests ‐ Departmental folders; Data restorations.
4. Hardware Requests ‐ Request for new workstation(s); peripheral(s); IT related accessories.
HR and Legal Requests – A Human Resources (HR) or Legal request is defined as a request containing confidential or restricted information from IT. Any requests that coincide with the below categories are required to be requested by the appropriate staff members within HR, legal or appointed UCC officers via email to email@example.com. If the request is extremely confidential (e.g. requestor does not want more than a few people aware of the situation) The request will be sent directly to the CIO or Director to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Legal Requests – OPRA requests, EDiscovery.
- HR Requests ‐ Addition and termination of employee accts, Access to another users’ directory or email.
View the TechSupport College Credentials Page
Provides Answers to following FAQ's:
- What's myUCC?
- How do I access myUCC?
- What's my College ID?
College Applications Single Sign On Center
myUCC is the college's single sign on homepage, powered by Okta's identity authentication service. Logging in allows students and employees to securely and quickly access important apps, including their College Email Account, Canvas, and Self-Service.
Canvas is a learning management system that the college utilizes to provide students with online instruction.
Log in to Canvas
- Log In to Canvas via my.ucc.edu
- Log In to Canvas at ucc.edu/canvas
- Log In Guide for ucc.edu/canvas
Distance education students without a My Ucc account can only utilize the second link
Quick Start Guide
- Canvas Guide
- Canvas Student Guide
Students seeking help with Canvas can:
- Email Academic Learning Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Academic Learning Center's Page to learn more
- Email Distance Education: email@example.com
- Call Distance Education: 908-497-4364
- Start online chat
The College has partnered with Cengage to provide affordable course materials via a digital book subscription.
Cengage Book Subcription Overview
- View additional subscription information at ucc.edu/unionbooksubscription/
- Cengage troubleshooting guide
Contact Cengage Directly for Additional Assistance
- Submit ticket request via cengage.com/support
- Submit ticket by calling Cengage at 1‐800‐354‐9706
Guides for Remote Teaching with Webex
- Best Practices for Successful Online Meetings with WebEx
- Scheduling Hybrid WebEx Classrooms via Outlook
- Scheduling Webex Meeting Through Canvas
- How to Check Attendance in Webex
- Using Webex for a Class Conference Level One
At the end of this lesson you will be able to;
Create a Webexmeeting in Canvas for your students to access
Start a meeting
Share your content/screen/website/videos
Record your content/play it back for students
Cisco's "Webex" application provides instant messaging and video conferencing capabilities to Union County College faculty, staff, and students.
Microsoft 365 products include Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint, among other others.
Log in to Office 365
Microsoft 365 Apps can be accessed by logging into myUCC.
- Microsoft Office 365 Free Installation
The link provides instructions for installing the Office 365 Suite guide on your home computer.
Owl's Nest Faculty and Staff Intranet
Owl's Nest is the intranet for Union County College employees.
Sign up to Regroup and Manage Alert Notifications
Regroup is the college's emergency notification system. Regroup registered students and employees will receive emergency text and email messages from Union County College.
Self-Service is a learning management system that allows students to quickly access a variety of online services. Self Service can be accessed by clicking on the “Self-Service” app via myUCC.
Hardware, Networks, & Authentication
Access College Outlook Webmail
Email accounts are provided to Union County College students, staff, and faculty. The Outlook Email App can be accessed via myUCC.
Employee Desk Phones
Employees have either the Cisco IP 8800 or 7800 series phones.
- View Phone 8800 series Feature Documentation
- Phone 8800 series Tutorial (Video)
- Phone 7800 series Tutorial (Video)
Above resources include instructions for how to configure and use your phone.
Employee Conference Phones
- Cisco IP Conference Phone
- Forwarding your Cisco phone through Webex Teams
Visit the "Webex" knowledge base drop down for additional information on configuring webex teams and meetings.
Submit Ticket if
- Need phone relocated
- Feature in documentation not working
Student Printing with PaperCut
The Union County College PaperCut Printing Program allows students to release printed documents via either a computer terminal next to the on-campus printer, or via their smart phone.
The Union County College Virtual Desktop will allow you to access college software as if you were on campus. Power by VMWare Horizon, you will be able to connect to this desktop with your browser or using the horizon client; supported in Window 10, Mac, and some Linux distributions.
- UCC Virtual Desktop Page with Instructions