Union County College offers a wide variety of scholarships to help our students achieve their educational goals. Scholarships are a form of financial aid that does not have to be repaid. We have more than 200 hundred scholarships available to students every year. Each scholarship has different award requirements such as major, GPA, high school, city, community service and other specific criteria. Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
The recently enacted Federal CARES Act provides money to colleges and universities for emergency student grants. The purpose of the money is to award emergency financial aid grants to students for specific expenses that are a direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.
Applying for Scholarships
Many scholarships require that you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be eligible. You can complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov Your scholarship application will not be reviewed until you have first been evaluated for all federal and state grants. If you have already submitted a Union County College Scholarship Application, you do not have to submit it again. Your application will remain in consideration for any new or un-awarded scholarships for the full Academic Year.
Important considerations when applying for a scholarship are as follows.
- Be enrolled in a degree or certificate program
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits in a semester
- Complete the Union County College scholarship application see link below
- Write a thank you letter to the donor, if awarded a scholarship
( Click Here to view sample Thank You Letter )
- Attend a Scholarship Reception honoring all scholarship recipients
Scholarships for Union County College Students
- Scholarships for New Students
- Scholarships for Current Students
- Scholarships for Nursing Students
- Outside Scholarship Search Resources
If you have further questions, please contact the Union County College Financial Aid department by email at email@example.com