Welcome to Union
At Union, students are #1! As the first community college in New Jersey, Union has been serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933. The College is committed to providing an accessible and affordable liberal arts education to the residents of Union County. Our focus on excellence drives our mission to develop new programs and courses that reflect the ever-changing global demands.
The Union County College Advantage:
- The College has three campuses which are located in Cranford, Elizabeth, and Plainfield. The College also has additional locations in Rahway and Scotch Plains.
- Distance learning opportunities, such as online and blended learning classes, are increasing with each semester.
- Union has a reputation for providing its diverse student body with a nurturing and supportive environment.
- Student services from Advising, Career and Transfer Services and Financial Aid, to the tutoring provided by the Academic Learning Centers on each campus are in place to ensure student success.
- By starting your degree at Union County College, you can save money! The College offers dual admissions and transfer/articulation agreements which can ease the road to junior year status at more than 50 colleges and universities throughout the nation.
While at Union, students have the opportunity to participate in many activities:
- Join one of the five national honor societies, including Phi Theta Kappa, the international honor society for two-year colleges and universities.
- Get involved with one of the 37 student clubs, including the Student Government Association.
- Participate in intramurals or join one of the 14 NJCAA athletic teams
- Enjoy the use of a modern Fitness Center
If you are a recent high school graduate, an adult returning to college, an employee seeking additional training or a new career, Union County College is the smart choice for an excellent education.