Federal Work Study Jobs Program

Federal Work Study (FWS) is available to eligible UCNJ students, who wish to help meet their college costs through employment. FWS students will receive a paycheck for hours worked, the funds will not be applied to tuition. Federal Work Study jobs are located on campus as well as off campus at various approved community service sites.

Federal Work Study Open Jobs:
View Open Federal Work Study Positions Page

Federal Work Study Eligibility Requirements

  • Apply for financial aid at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
  • Submit required documents for file completion
  • Demonstrate additional unmet need after all grants and scholarships have been considered
  • Be matriculating in an eligible degree or certificate program
  • Be making satisfactory academic progress
  • Complete the FWS Request Form and submit it to the financial aid office

Finding & Applying to a Work Study Job

  • Review the list of open Student Worker jobs
  • Call the hiring manager for the job you are interested in to set up an appointment for an interview.
  • Once you are hired for a job, the hiring manager must give you Student Application Packet for completion

Work Study Required Forms & Timesheets

Federal Work Study FAQ’s
View the FWS Student Handbook for additional information.