What is the EOF Summer Program?
The EOF Program at Union County College is offering first time college students an expansive orientation to college. The goal of the Summer Program is to introduce first-time college students to the academic and social demands of college life, as well as prepare them for the transition into the Fall semester.
Last 2019 EOF Summer Program session!!
EOF Accelerated Institute
August 21st and 22nd
8:45am to 4:30pm
Accelerated Institute Goals and Benefits..
- Begin working with your dedicated EOF Advisor
- Build lasting relationships with other EOF scholars and staff
- Specialized workshops and events during and after Accelerated Institute
- Community Building and Leadership Development
- Gaining a better understanding of your career goals and aspirations
- Final preparations for Fall semester including fall schedule adjustments, financial aid completion assistance and major exploration and declarations
- Access to EOF Support Services and EOF Activities
- Priority consideration for available EOF academic year funding ( up to $600 a semester )
- Apply and be accepted to Union County College –click to apply
- Complete the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be a first-time college student
- 2019 High School Graduate
- Graduated High School prior to 2019, but never attended college
- Earned a GED, but never attended college
- Have been a legal New Jersey resident for at least one year and be eligible for NJ state aid
- visit the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) for more information
- Meet the financial eligibility requirements for Academic Year 2019-20 as defined by the State of New Jersey
- Have taken the Accuplacer Placement Test ( if not exempt ) and placed into ENG 096 or higher; or ESL placement level 5 or 6
EOF Summer 2019 Application
In order to be considered for an available EOF Summer Program session, all applicants must complete an EOF Application to verify financial and academic eligibility. Below are the steps for completing the EOF Summer 2019 Application.
Complete the EOF Summer 2019 Application
After submitting the application, you will need to supply the following information:
- Source(s) of Income for 2017* of Parent and/or Student
- Please submit one of the following
- 2017 1040 Tax Return
- Official IRS Tax Return Transcript for tax year 2017*
- If income was not reported for 2017, parent and /or student may be required to submit any of the following:
- Yearly benefits total for 2017 (i.e. SSI, Welfare, Disability, Unemployment, etc.)
- Proof of non-filing of 2017 Tax Return from IRS
- See steps above for ordering a tax return transcript
- 2019-20 Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Can be printed from www.fafsa.gov approximately one week after submission of FAFSA
- Minimum one page typed essay on the following topic: “Describe a significant challenge you have faced and the steps you took to address it.”
- Unofficial High School Transcript
- Copy of most recent marking period grades
- Professional letter of reference (optional)
- Space is limited. Applicants will not be considered until submission of all requested documents.
- Upon submission of all requested documents, your application will be reviewed by a committee for interview consideration.
- If selected for an interview, you will be called or emailed for an interview with an EOF Advisor.
- If you have any questions, please call the EOF Office at (908) 709-7088
* additional information, including prior tax returns may be requested to determine eligibility