2020 EOF Summer Program
What is the EOF Summer Program?
The EOF Program at Union County College is offering first time college students the opportunity to further develop their skills and knowledge as scholars, leaders and professionals. The goal of the Summer Program is to introduce our scholars to the academic and social demands of college life, as well as prepare scholars for an effective transition into the Fall semester. Our Summer Program begins our scholars on a journey to be elite and empowering them for future college success. We offer several options for participation. Applicants can participate in one or both of our four-week academic institutes or our condensed Accelerated Institute. In order to receive the most benefits, we recommend participating in at least one academic institute.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, EOF has switched to an online intensive institute. EOF wants to empower and enrich our scholars, while also keeping everyone safe and practicing social distancing.
EOF English Institute
June 29 – July 23
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
The mastery of English and proper grammar is critical to the success of any scholar that is pursuing a degree in higher education. Our English Institute looks to sharpen skills related to reading comprehension, effective composition of essays and other works.
To strengthen their college level writing, scholars will receive coursework in English, receive in-class and after-class tutorial support and participate in the EOF 101 enrichment course to assist in the transition of being a first-time full-time student. The EOF English Institute is a four-week program offered online, with available tutoring and optional post session activities for EOF Summer Program scholars.
The 2020 EOF English Institute will run June 29 – July 23 (no classes on Fridays). Please note that both the first and last day of the institute are extended day sessions (9:00 am to 2:00 pm) via online platforms
EOF Math Institute
July 27 – August 20
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
A mastery of math is key in every facet of the educational spectrum. Whether that is being an outstanding Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) major or excelling in Statistics, mathematics is essential to be a leader within any industry.
Scholars who attend the EOF Math Institute will strengthen their skills in either Algebra or Statistics. Additionally, scholars will receive post class tutorial support and participate in the EOF 101 enrichment course to assist in the transition of being a first-time full-time scholar. The EOF Math Institute is a four-week program offered online, with available tutoring and optional post session activities for EOF Summer Program scholars.
The 2020 EOF Math Institute will run July 27 – August 13 (no classes on Fridays). Please note that both the first and last day of the institute are extended day sessions (9:00 am to 2:00 pm) via online platforms.
EOF Online Accelerated Institute
August 24 and 25
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
The EOF Online Accelerated Institute is an orientation to services and benefits of being an EOF Scholar. EOF Scholars will be prepared for their first college semester, while meeting and interacting with fellow EOF Scholars. Participants will gain a better understanding of their academic program, financial aid status and college policies and services.
Accelerated Institute Goals and Benefits…
- Live interactions with EOF Staff
- Begin working with your dedicated EOF Advisor
- Build lasting relationships with other EOF Scholars and Staff
- Specialized workshops and events during and after Accelerated Institute
- Community building and leadership development
- Further exploration of career goals, opportunities and aspirations
- Access to EOF Support Services and EOF activities
- Priority consideration for available EOF academic year funding (up to $600 a semester)
- Final preparations for the Fall semester, including Fall schedule adjustments, financial aid completion assistance and academic major exploration
- Apply and be accepted to Union County College –click to apply
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be a first-time college student
- 2020 high school graduate
- Graduated high school prior to 2020, but never attended college
- Earned a GED, but never attended college
- EOF Program applicants who have earned 24 or more college credits while in high school or earned an associate’s degree as part of their high school graduation requirements are eligible for participation in the pre-first year summer program
- Have been a legal New Jersey resident for at least one year and be eligible for NJ state aid
- visit the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) for more information
- Meet the financial eligibility requirements for Academic Year 2020-21 as defined by the State of New Jersey
- Placed into ENG 096 or higher; or ESL placement level 5 or 6
EOF Summer 2020 Application
To apply for an EOF Summer Program session, please complete the EOF Summer 2020 Application
To view and/or upload required documentation, please click here