Career Services has many resources available for you to use, whether on campus or at home! From developing a cover letter and resume, to creating an ePortfolio and website, these resources can help you fine tune your professional brand! Check out the Career Planning and Job Searching Resources section for additional tools and resources to support your career journey.
Majors and Careers: Who are YOU and What Can YOU Do?
THE NEW JERSEY CAREER ASSISTANCE NAVIGATOR (NJCAN)
The New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator (NJCAN) provides accurate, comprehensive, current, and relevant occupational, post-secondary school and financial aid information. NJCAN contains the latest national, New Jersey and local labor market data and projections.
NJCAN also includes:
- Career & Skill Assessments
- Occupation Research
- Resume and cover letter creation
- How to keep a job
- Military occupations
NJCAN is designed to support lifelong career exploration, and career planning and decision-making through easy to use, straightforward search and sorting utilities, and an online portfolio for saving information from all system components.
New Users – If you have been provided with log-in credentials, please log in. If not, you can either email us at email@example.com or log-in without an account by clicking NJ Resident
Directions on using the Career Assessment: NJCAN_Interest Profiler Short Form
Directions on using the Resume Builder: NJCAN_Resume Creator
JOB & INTERNSHIP POSTINGS
Find all of our job and internship postings as well as information on events and volunteer opportunities on our social media pages!
CENGAGE UNLIMITED – Career Tools
Did you know you can access career tools and information through your Cengage Unlimited account? When you login, select ‘Career Success Tips’ from the menu on the left-hand side. You can utilize guided modules and discover tips on numerous topics related to careers and job searching. You can:
- Explore Careers: Search specific job titles to learn about what they do and what education, experience, and skills you need to make that your career. The skills list is a great reference to use when building or updating your resume!
- Get Career Ready: Develop the soft skills that are most sought after by employers and recruiters. Soft skills are just as important as technical knowledge and other qualifications!
- Get the Job: Review tutorials on navigating the job search process from writing resumes and cover letters to job searching and conducting interviews.
Resume, Cover Letter, and Thank you Email Samples
Use these samples as a starting point to creating your job search documents, or as a reference guide in updating your current documents. Remember to keep your formatting simple so your resume and cover letter can be read by online Application Tracking Systems. These samples are “Applicant Tracking System Friendly.” Don’t forget to spellcheck and proofread!
Letters & Emails: