Career Services has many resources available for you to use, whether on campus or at home! From developing a cover letter and resume, to creating an ePortfolio and website, these resources can help you fine tune your professional brand!
Majors and Careers: Who are YOU and What Can YOU Do?
THE NEW JERSEY CAREER ASSISTANCE NAVIGATOR (NJCAN)
The New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator (NJCAN) is an Internet-based delivery system for accurate, comprehensive, current, and relevant occupational, post-secondary school and financial aid information. NJCAN contains the latest national, New Jersey and local labor market data and projections.
NJCAN also includes information on:
- Job interview preparation
- Career Research
- Resume and cover letter creation
- How to keep a job
- Military occupations
NJCAN is designed to support lifelong career exploration, and career planning and decision-making through easy to use, straightforward search and sorting utilities, and an online portfolio for saving information from all system components.
New Users – If you have been provided with log-in credentials, please log in. If not, you can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log-in without an account by clicking NJ Resident
JOB & INTERNSHIP POSTINGS
Find all of our job and internship postings as well as information on events and volunteer opportunities on our social media pages!
CENGAGE UNLIMITED – Career Tools
Did you know you can access career tools and information through your Cengage Unlimited account? When you login, select ‘Career Success Tips’ from the menu on the left-hand side. You can utilize guided modules and discover tips on numerous topics related to careers and job searching. You can:
- Explore Careers: Search specific job titles to learn about what they do and what education, experience, and skills you need to make that your career. The skills list is a great reference to use when building or updating your resume!
- Get Career Ready: Develop the soft skills that are most sought after by employers and recruiters. Soft skills are just as important as technical knowledge and other qualifications!
- Get the Job: Review tutorials on navigating the job search process from writing resumes and cover letters to job searching and conducting interviews.