With all the resources out there, it’s hard to know where you should be looking for career-related information that you can trust. The websites below are some of the best resources currently available to assist you in your search for internships and employment. To access each site, just click on the image. If you need any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the world’s #1 job site, with over 200 million unique visitors every month from over 60 different countries, Indeed has become the catalyst for putting the world to work. Indeed is intensely passionate about delivering the right fit for every hire. Indeed helps companies of all sizes hire the best talent and offers the best opportunity for job seekers to get hired.
By making job searching easier, ZipRecruiter allows you to search through hundreds of job boards at once and find your next job opportunity with ease!
WayUp – Find paid internships, part-time jobs and entry-level opportunities at thousands of companies, from startups to Fortune 500s. Complete your online profile to be matched with employers based on your interests, experience, and skills.
Glassdoor is one of the fastest growing jobs and recruiting sites. We hold a growing database of millions of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more. Unlike other jobs sites, all of this information is entirely shared by those who know a company best — the employees.
Neuvoo.com is a free job search engine that indexes jobs directly for free from companies’ career websites, placement agencies and job boards. We centralize all jobs available on the web to help people find new career opportunities. Neuvoo offers over 5 million jobs in the US.
Uptowork is a popular career-advice blog visited by over one million job seekers a month. They publish only in-depth guides for job seekers, and they write mostly about resumes, interviews, and career advice.
As always, Union County College also has internal resources available that have been developed by our Library staff to better assist our students in their career goals:
- Career Sources at your Fingertips
- Researching and choosing a career can be a pretty daunting and overwhelming task. Thankfully, the Library at UCC is here to help! The purpose of this LibGuide is to give you one spot to find many of the resources you will need to research and choose your future career. Please stop by the Library if you have any questions or comments!
- Getting a Job – How to Find It
- Use your Union County College library 14 digit barcode number (OR your public library barcode number) to enter the ReferenceUSA database. Take time to target companies using the full capacity of the U.S. Business / Employers U.S.A. module with search criteria such as Job Title, Company Name, Business Type, Multiple Geography Options, And more… *OR* Quickly search the U.S. Jobs / Internships module for current job openings in your geographic area.
- Getting a Job – How To Market Yourself
- This resource includes:
- Elevator Speech Creator
- Encyclopedia of Associations
- Free Salary Report from PayScale
- Personal Marketing Plan
- Practice Interviewing
- Professional Organizations and Associations
- Resumizer FREE Cover Letter Creator
- Resumizer FREE Reference Page Creator
- Resumizer FREE Resume Creator
- Toastmasters International
- Volunteer in New Jersey!
- This resource includes: