The below online resources are available for your perusal, including job and internship search sites. To access each site, just click on the image. If you need any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BestColleges.com is an online, college planning resource for current and prospective students. Designed to be the first stop for students planning the next step in their education, they offer information on college program and financing options. They also offer a number of academic guides to help students succeed once enrolled in school.
DrugAbuse.com – Many careers exist in the field of drug abuse treatment and prevention. The drug abuse treatment field is a rewarding career choice for many people, as it makes a difference in the lives of millions of people annually. Those who work in this field use hard work and determination to help patients earn sobriety, which is worth more than a paycheck to many.
Ferguson’s Career Resource Center offers more than just descriptions of different careers. It can be searched by industry or by skill set. Use Ferguson’s to find resume help, lists of 4-year college by state, career-oriented self-evaluation sites, and more.
Glassdoor is one of the fastest growing jobs and recruiting sites. We hold a growing database of millions of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more. Unlike other jobs sites, all of this information is entirely shared by those who know a company best — the employees.
As the world’s #1 job site, with over 200 million unique visitors every month from over 60 different countries, Indeed has become the catalyst for putting the world to work. Indeed is intensely passionate about delivering the right fit for every hire. Indeed helps companies of all sizes hire the best talent and offers the best opportunity for job seekers to get hired.
LearningExpress Library provides “… access to the most comprehensive collection of test preparation tools, skill-building materials, and career resources available. Over 1,000 online practice tests and interactive skill-building tutorials are available, along with more than 200 eBook titles-all developed by expert academic and industry professionals.” Those who wish to use the Learning Express Job and Career Accelerator may do so through NJ Public Libraries by using JerseyClicks.
Neuvoo.com is a free job search engine that indexes jobs directly for free from companies’ career websites, placement agencies and job boards. We centralize all jobs available on the web to help people find new career opportunities. Neuvoo offers over 5 million jobs in the US.
Reviews.com is a website dedicated to conducting data driven and unbiased research that for the last few years has served as a trusted resource for families, organizations and major publications such as Forbes, Business Insider, and The Wall Street Journal. The above link is to the Student Internship Guide – where and how to look for an internship.
Searchable Internet version of Salem Press reference books on the subject of careers purchased by the Union County College Libraries.
Uptowork is a popular career-advice blog visited by over one million job seekers a month. They publish only in-depth guides for job seekers, and they write mostly about resumes, interviews, and career advice.
By making job searching easier, ZipRecruiter allows you to search through hundreds of job boards at once and find your next job opportunity with ease!
As always, Union County College also has internal resources available that have been developed by our Library staff to better assist our students in their career goals:
- Career Sources at your Fingertips
- Researching and choosing a career can be a pretty daunting and overwhelimg task. Thankfully, the Library at UCC is here to help! The purpose of this LibGuide is to give you one spot to find many of the resources you will need to research and choose your future career. Please stop by the Library if you have aiy questions or comments!
- Getting a Job – How to Find It
- Use your Union County College library 14 digit barcode number (OR your public library barcode number) to enter the ReferenceUSA database. Take time to target companies using the full capacity of the U.S. Business / Employers U.S.A. module with search criteria such as Job Title, Company Name, Business Type, Multiple Geography Options, And more… *OR* Quickly search the U.S. Jobs / Internships module for current job openings in your geographic area.
- Getting a Job – How To Market Yourself
- This resource includes:
- Elevator Speech Creator
- Encyclopedia of Associations
- Free Salary Report from PayScale
- Personal Marketing Plan
- Practice Interviewing
- Professional Organizations and Associations
- Resumizer FREE Cover Letter Creator
- Resumizer FREE Reference Page Creator
- Resumizer FREE Resume Creator
- Toastmasters International
- Volunteer in New Jersey!
- This resource includes: