In-Person CLEP testing has resumed in our Testing Center on the Cranford campus by appointment only. There is limited seating. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
The College offers the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) in subjects listed. By taking the CLEP exam, you may earn college credits. This is an excellent way to get closer to your degree in a time and cost effective manner.
Before you purchase a ticket please review your program requirements with am advisor to be sure all earned CLEP credits will apply to your program.
The CLEP exam is currently not available. You must buy your CLEP ticket directly on the CLEP website and then schedule your exam date by emailing TestingCenter@ucc.edu.
The CLEP at Union County College is offered only to current Union County College students and alumni.
How do I register for the CLEP exam? (Currently not available)
- Visit the CLEP website at clep.com. You will have to create an account if you do not already have one. If you do not remember your login information, you will need to re-set your account or contact CollegeBoard at 1-800-257-9558.
- Choose the exam you would like to take
- Do NOT select a test center
- Choose the College you want your official CLEP scores sent
- Pay fee to CollegeBoard ($89.00)
- Print your registration ticket
- Email TestingCenter@ucc.edu to schedule a test date from the dates listed above
If you are having problems accessing your CollegeBoard account or buying your ticket, please contact CollegeBoard at 1-800-257-9558.
What do I bring to the test?
You must bring:
- A current, government issued ID (such as a driver’s license or passport; not a school ID)
- Your printed registration ticket. Please have your ticket printed out prior to arriving for the exam.
Please be on time! If you arrive late, you will not be permitted to take the exam and you will have to reschedule.
What exams may I take?
The College currently offers credits for the following CLEP exams. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are taking the correct CLEP exam needed for your program of study.
Union County College will not accept CLEP credits for Biology, Chemistry, or Natural Sciences.
|CLEP Exam||UCC Course Equivalent||Score||UCC Credits Earned|
|Financial Accounting||ACC 103||50||3|
|Information Systems||CST 100 or CST 101||50||3|
|Introductory Business Law||BUS 201||50||3|
|Principles of Management||BUS 105||50||3|
|Principles of Marketing||BUS 208||50||3|
|American Literature||ENG 207||50||3|
|Analyzing/Interpreting Literature||ENG 209||50||3|
|College Composition||ENG 101||50||3|
|English Literature||ENG 216||50||3|
|American Government||GOV 201||50||3|
|History of US I: Early Colonization to 1877||HIS 201||50||3|
|History of US II: 1865 to Present||HIS 202||50||3|
|Human Growth and Development||PSY 204||50||3|
|Introduction to Educational Psychology||EDU 205||50||3|
|Introductory Psychology||PSY 101||50||3|
|Introductory Sociology||SOC 101||50||3|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||ECO 201||50||3|
|Principles of Microeconomics||ECO 202||50||3|
|Social Sciences and History||GEN-elective||50||3|
|Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648||HIS 101||50||3|
|Western Civilization II: 1648 to Present||HIS 102||50||3|
|College Algebra||MAT 119||50||4|
|College Mathematics||MAT 113 or 117||50||3|