The percentages of first-time, first-year (freshman) degree-seeking students and degree-seeking undergraduates enrolled in Fall 2017 who fit the following categories
|First-time first-year, degree-seeking||All degree-seeking undergraduates|
|N = 1,858||N = 9,704|
|Percent who are from out of state||Less than 1%||3%|
|Percent who live off campus or commute||100%||100%|
|Percent of students age 25 and older||15%||42%|
|Average age of full-time students||20||22|
|Average age of all students||21||26|
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the voice of every student at Union County College and is devoted to advocate for those issues that will enhance the educational, social, and career development of Union students. Learn more at: https://www.ucc.edu/campus-life/college-life/student-government/.
PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA
Student Newspaper: The Scroll
Literary Journal: The Sheaf
Literary Publication: The Foreign Student Voice
Radio Station: UCC Radio 88.1 AM
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Mixed Martial Arts Club Tennis Club
DIVERSITY AND MULTICULTURAL
Black Heritage Student Organization
Learn more at: https://www.ucc.edu/campus-life/college-life/student-clubs/.
ROTC Union County College, Rutgers – The State University of New Jersey, and Seton Hall University have an agreement permitting male and female students of Union County College to cross-enroll in the Air Force ROTC program. Qualified students may complete the first two years of the four-year program on a cross-enrollment basis and the final two years by attending an institution sponsoring Air Force ROTC. Students who successfully complete the four-year program earn commissions as second lieutenants.
- The Psi Chapter, of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Academic Honor Society, is a national honor society for students in the Educational Opportunity Fund Program.
- The Engineering and Architectural Honor Society is for students in an AS Engineering or Architectural program; membership is extended to top performing students who have completed many of the required courses in their major.
- Lambda Epsilon Chi is a nationally known academic honor society for paralegal students, sponsored by the American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE).
- Mu Alpha Theta is a national honor society which promotes scholarship in Mathematics at two-year colleges.
- Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society that promotes scholarship, leadership, fellowship and service among students of two-year colleges.
- Psi Beta is a national honor society affiliated with the American Psychological Association. Its purpose is to promote and encourage both general scholarship and an interest in psychology as a profession.
- Tau Alpha Pi a national honor society for students in the Engineering Technology programs and a New Jersey Beta Chapter.
ATHLETICS Intercollegiate Athletic Association Membership: National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
|Track and Field||X||X|
See more at: http://www.unionowls.com/landing/index
ORIENTATION New Student Orientation is the first step to achieving academic and personal success at Union County College. By participating in this program, students gain the tools necessary to successfully navigate their college education experience. At the session, students learn about degree requirements for graduation, explore careers that fit their interest, gain assistance with developing an education plan, and register for classes.