Featured Image
Featured Image

Institutional Research

Transfer Admission


FALL APPLICANTS Does your institution enroll transfer students?  Yes

May transfer students earn advanced standing credit by transferring credits earned from course work completed at other colleges/universities?  Yes 

The number of students who applied, were admitted, and enrolled as degree-seeking transfer students in Fall 2017.

Applicants 1,222
Admitted Applicants 1,222
Enrolled Applicants 450

APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION Must a transfer applicant have a minimum number of credits completed or else must apply as an entering freshman?  No


Items required of transfer students to apply for admission:

Required Required of Some



High school transcript X
College transcript(s) X
Essay or personal statement X
Interview X
Standardized test scores X
Statement of good standing from prior institution(s) X


Transfer students may enroll in any semester (fall, winter, spring or summer). Transfer students must submit an official copy of their previous college transcript as well as their high school transcript or GED.  Orientation, student success advisors, and pre-admission transcript evaluation is available.

Non-remedial courses with a grade of “C” (2.0) or better will be considered for transfer credit.  All modes of instruction, including face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses, will be considered for transfer credit. Students must complete a minimum of 24 credits of their degree program at Union County College. All other credits can be transferred in but must be applicable to the student’s current program of study.